QuickBooks Desktop has easily become the highly sought-after accounting solution for small-scale enterprises in the world & it has been hailed for
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Desktop has easily become the highly sought-after accounting solution for small-scale enterprises in the world & it has been hailed for its innovative features, which are particularly suitable for complex accounting tasks.
Despite all these effective advantages, some errors still manifest in this application & one of the primary examples of such an error is ‘QuickBooks Error PS036’. This error code generally strikes at the time of downloading fresh payroll service updates on the computer & it prevents users from fully utilizing the payroll tool.
Here’s an article that explains the most reliable step-wise resolutions that you can implement to tackle this issue.
Are you highly troubled by the occurrence of ‘QuickBooks Error PS036’ on your system? You can dial 1.855.738.2784 to get help from our QB Professionals Team.
What Are the Relevant Symptoms That Can Easily Indicate ‘PS036 Payroll Error in QB Desktop’?
The symptoms that are described in the points listed below can be easily utilized to determine the occurrence of ‘PS036 Payroll Error in QB Desktop’:
- First & foremost, you shall not be able to obtain the relevant payroll service updates as soon as this error crops up on your system’s screen.
- It will become severely difficult to access & operate different programs and applications installed on the user’s computer.
- You can also confront complete freezing of the screen & you may not be able to even operate different tabs and buttons on the computer.
- The QB application can automatically shut down due to this payroll error code on the system.
- Various QB Desktop users have also reported the full shutdown of the computer due to this payroll error code.
Highly Relevant Factors That Can Easily Provoke ‘Payroll Error Code PS036 in QuickBooks’
The most common reasons that are usually determined to trigger ‘Payroll Error Code PS036 in QuickBooks’ are explained in the following points:
- First of all, if the QB Desktop payroll service is not active or if it has got expired, then you can easily encounter this error code on the system.
- Possessing an unregistered or obsolete version of the QB Desktop application can easily cause this error on the computer.
- Any technical problem present within the QB program settings can also provoke this payroll error.
- If you have not ensured proper installation of the QB Desktop application on the system, then this error can easily strike the screen.
- Any attack by malware or virus programs on the computer can prevent the correct operation of the payroll service in the QB Desktop application.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
What Are the Highly Relevant Step-Wise Resolutions for ‘PS036 Payroll Error Message in QuickBooks Desktop’?
The most accurate step-wise resolutions that you can use to weed out ‘PS036 Payroll Error Message in QuickBooks Desktop’ are explained below:
1: Ensure an ‘Active’ status for the QB Desktop payroll service subscription & validate the service key number
- In this resolution, you should just reach the ‘Employees’ menu present on the QB Desktop window & then you should be able to easily strike the ‘My Payroll Service’ tab under that menu so that you are able to finally hit the ‘Manage Service Key’ option.
- After that, just go forward to easily verify the ‘Service Name’ & you must also make sure that the payroll service subscription status remains ‘Active’ on the computer’s screen.
- Next, you must accurately strike the ‘Edit’ button in order to view the payroll service key number & then you shall be able to successfully ensure that the payroll service key number is properly saved on the system.
- Thereafter, you must go forward by tapping the ‘Next’ button & then you will be able to carefully clear the ‘Open Payroll Setup’ option following which fresh payroll service updates can be downloaded by tapping the ‘Finish’ button.
- Now, after obtaining fresh payroll service updates on the system, you will be able to complete your tasks without any hindrances in the QB Desktop application.
2: Make sure that you possess a fully registered QB Desktop application & then effectively install fresh QB Desktop updates
- Here, you will carefully obtain the ‘QB Desktop’ window on the computer’s screen & then you must press the ‘F2’ key to effectively acquire the ‘Product Information’ window following which you shall look for the ‘Activated’ word along the license number.
- Afterward, if you find that your QB Desktop application is unregistered, then you shall simply move forward to the ‘Help’ menu in order to strike the ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’ icon under that menu.
- Thereafter, you can implement the relevant step-wise process to successfully activate your QB Desktop application & then you will go back to the ‘Help’ menu in order to be able to carefully choose the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ icon.
- Next, simply hop to the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window depicted on the computer’s screen & then you should use the ‘Update Now’ menu in order to obtain fresh QB Desktop updates through the ‘Get Updates’ button.
- After obtaining fresh QB Desktop updates on the computer, you will successfully re-open the QB Desktop application & then you must move forward to strike the ‘Yes’ option so that the recent QB Desktop updates can be fully installed on the system.
- Finally, carefully use the updated QB Desktop application to make sure that you are able to obtain fresh payroll service updates without any hindrances.
3: Accurately carry out the repair process for the QB Desktop application via the ‘Control Panel’ on the system
- Here, your first relevant task is to carefully obtain the ‘Control Panel’ window on the computer’s screen & then you shall simply jump to the ‘Programs and Features’ menu so that you can acquire the complete list of applications through the ‘Uninstall a Program’ icon.
- After that, move ahead to hit the ‘QuickBooks’ icon on the list & then carefully strike the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button, following which the repair process can be initiated via the ‘Repair’ button.
- Next, through the step-wise repair process, you will re-configure the entire QB Desktop application & then you can successfully obtain the payroll service updates via the valid process.
Through precise use of these resolutions, you can definitely tackle ‘QuickBooks Error PS036’. For more help, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly