QuickBooks Desktop has been a major accounting solution in the global market since its inception & over the years, it has been highly appreciated
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Desktop has been a major accounting solution in the global market since its inception & over the years, it has been highly appreciated by small business units for its effective & innovative tools as well as features. Furthermore, new research & development by Intuit incorporates fresh features in this accounting & bookkeeping application on a regular basis.
Despite the many advantages of this accounting software, users continue to confront some highly troublesome technical problems, such as the ‘QuickBooks Not Responding’ problem. This technical problem effectively means that the QB Desktop application does not respond to the user’s commands, and as a result, QB users are unable to acquire the ‘QB Desktop’ window on the screen.
Here, this detailed article has been developed to provide you with the most efficient step-wise solutions for this irritating technical issue.
What Are the Appropriate Symptoms That Can Be Used to Detect ‘QB Desktop Has Stopped Operating’ Problem?
Here’re the common symptoms that are often used by various QB Desktop users to determine the occurrence of the ‘QB Desktop Has Stopped Operating’ problem on the system:
- First of all, as soon as you access the QB Desktop window, it will instantly freeze, and you shall not be able to perform any task through that window on your system.
- If you attempt to utilize any tabs or buttons on any window on the system’s screen, you shall confront freezing of that window & the system can also shut down immediately without any notice.
- The pointer of your mouse can stop responding to your commands & it may move in absurd directions automatically on the screen.
- Any other application or program currently installed on the computer will stop responding to your commands & you will be unable to do any meaningful task on those applications.
Different Factors That Are Generally Known to Provoke ‘QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Open’ Problem
The most common factors that are usually said to trigger the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Open’ problem are mentioned as follows:
- Having an imperfect configuration of QB Desktop program setup can effectively provoke this difficult technical issue on your system.
- If you have not ensured precise installation of the QB Desktop application on the system, then you are likely to get troubled by this technical glitch.
- Any technical defect found within the system hard drive can easily instigate this technical problem on your computer.
- Not possessing a fully updated Windows operating system, along with an accurate product registration file (‘QBWUSER.INI’), can trigger this technical issue.
You may read also : I am getting QuickBooks Error 6150
What Are the Verified & Effective Step-Wise Solutions for ‘QB Desktop Not Executing’ Problem?
Here’re the precise & most reliable step-wise solutions that you can implement to tackle ‘QB Desktop Not Executing’ problem on your system:
Ensure accurate elimination of all the QB Desktop program glitches through the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ utility on the system
- First & foremost, you must precisely reach the official Intuit website via your preferred web browser & then you have to carefully tap on the correct link so that you are able to fully download the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on the system.
- After that, effectively make sure that the relevant file (‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’) gets saved within any appropriate folder like the ‘Downloads Folder’, and then you have to access that folder on your computer to suitably run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- Now, various steps will appear on the system’s screen & you shall need to carefully implement those steps so that you are able to ensure the successful installation of ‘QB Tool Hub’ on the computer.
- Just after that, you can proceed forward to the Windows Desktop & then you can easily obtain the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window by carefully double-clicking on its valid icon.
- At this step, instantly jump to the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window so that you can strike the ‘Program Problems’ menu & then you shall be able to ensure precise execution of the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ utility via its appropriate icon under that menu.
- When you have successfully exterminated all the QB Desktop program problems, you can simply launch the QB Desktop application to complete all the tasks that are required for your enterprise.
Exterminate all the installation glitches via the effective use of ‘QB Install Diagnostic Tool’ on the computer
- Here, the first major task is to swiftly acquire the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window as per the process explained in the previous solution & then you can easily obtain the ‘Installation Issues’ menu, following which the correct execution of the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ can be initiated.
- Thereafter, as soon as you have finished the precise execution of the ‘QB Install Diagnostic Tool’, you can exit the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window & then you can carefully reboot the system via the ‘Start’ menu.
- Following the re-opening of your computer, you can successfully access your QB Desktop application for all the essential tasks of your enterprise.
Solution 3: Properly provide fresh names to the ‘QBWUSER.ini’ file and the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file on the computer to tackle this issue
- In this step-wise solution, you have to follow the following path to access the folder that holds the ‘QBWUSER.ini’ on your computer: ‘Users\UserName\AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks\QBWUSER.ini’, and then you must right-click on the icon of ‘QBWUSER.ini’ file’s icon to precisely strike the ‘Rename’ option.
- Next, immediately impose a new word on the icon of the selected file as follows: ‘QBWUSER.ini.oldretbu.’
- Thereafter, you can easily hit the ‘Enter’ key on the keyboard so that the new name of the product registration file gets saved successfully, and then you shall be able to swiftly establish a fresh name on the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file in a similar manner.
- Now, after successfully allotting new names on both files, you can exit all the windows & then you must go back to the QB Desktop window to accomplish all your tasks.
By using the solutions that are thoroughly explained above, you can tackle the ‘QuickBooks Not Responding’ problem. For more technical help & guidance.
This blog is posted on ncespro.com